Water Beads for Kids
IMAGINE YOUR KIDS HAVING THIS MUCH FUN!
- Waterproof Smocks. These aren’t necessary, but it kept their shirts from getting wet.
- Fine Motor Tool Set. These were fun for scooping up and sorting the beads, and also help with fine motor skills.
- Water Beads. These ones are the best price I have found so far. You get 15,000 of them! They will last us forever!
- Sea Life Plastic Creatures. These were fun for pretend play!
- Small Strainer. We got ours from the Dollar Tree
Another fun thing to use: kid’s hammer for squishing the balls! It would also be fun to use an ice cube tray to sort different colors.
Here’s a picture showing how big they get comparative to their starting size. They grow to be the size of marbles! So fun.
We love water beads at our house. They are a favorite sensory activity, but water beads are actually not safe for little ones. They are used in flower arrangements and although they are nontoxic, they are not edible and a choking hazard. My kids really don’t put items in their mouths, but to be on the safe side I wanted to make water beads that were safe for my children if they did ingest them.